Question

HardcoreHelen

how will my score change if i get rid of all my negative remarks
I have 6 items in collections and I am working to pay off 4 of them completely without settling and I have 2 that I have to dispute due to identity theft. I have already talked to each of the creditors and even paid one off already, so when I am done I will have nothing left in collections. My score currently is poor, so I want to know what I can expect in the way of repair- the Credit Score Simulator unfortunately does not have an option for getting rid of negative remarks like collections.

Most Helpful Response

Just be aware that "paid" collections isn't ground for removal, it stay on your report the same length as unpaid collections.. Unless you have writing agreement with the debt holders that they will removal it once it's paid(which is very unlikely event), or you made a deal with original creditor that they would recall the collection if you pay them directly.