Question

Ssiha

How will my score be affected of I get a new credit card and cancel one of my old ones?
When I first started my journey to a better credit score I didn't really know what I was doing. I applied for a card that I didn't really understand. Well the apr% is high with an annual fee. It also has other fees. I just don't like it. I would like to pay off what I owe on that card and get another card better for me. Is there a way to get rid of this card without negatively impacting my score whole opening a new account.

If you really don't want or like the card, then close it. Your scores will recover over time. I advise getting your new credit card after you pay off this card but before you close this card. Get the new card and THEN close this one.