Question

Reba1960

How will my credit score be affected if I pay down my debt and apply for a car loan?
Going to pay down my debt, but want to know if I should apply for an auto loan to help improve my credit score or if I should pay for it outright

Reducing revolving utilization will have the biggest impact as far as paying down your debts goes.  We can't tell you the effect in terms of number of points.  It's not just a matter of paying down but how much you've reduced your revolving utilization as well as all of the other standard factors used in scoring.  An auto loan will help with your mix of credit.