Question

creditgame1987

How will closing my oldest card (authorized user) which has a very high utilization affect my score?
I have been an authorized user on one of my parents American Express cards for a while. It is listed as my oldest account with a limit of 11,900.00. But the card has an extremely high utilization right now (over 90%) and I think its effecting my score. If I close it how will it impact my credit score? Other then this card I have a little over 21,000.00 in credit of which only about 12% is being used. I need to improve my scores as I am looking to purchase a home soon. Thank you for any information!

Well if it is at 90% it will help a lot more then it is helping.  As long as it is in good standing it will stay on your report fot ten years so it will be awhile before it affects age.  Since it is otherwise hurting you and you have other cards you should be fine.