Question

Ultimatus

How will canceling a credit card affect my score?
Recently, I very stupidly signed up for a credit card without thinking and i want to cancel it as fast as possible. I have heard that canceling a credit card can affect a persons score and i want to find a way to cancel it without it affecting it if at all possible. This is the first credit card I have ever had and i dont plan on using it. I cant see my credit score because there isnt enough information and im wondering if canceling this will lower it even though i cant see it.

You don't have a credit score because you don't use credit. Why would you want to cancel the opportunity to build credit? Have you read what it takes to build credit? Do you understand that you will need a credit card to build credit? Do you know that not having credit is almost as bad as having bad credit?

DO NOT CLOSE THE CARD!!!!!!!!

DO SOME READING ON BUILDING CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!