Question

restinginhim

how will bankruptcy affect my credit score?
considering doing a bankruptcy. how does this change my credit score?

depends on how bad your credit is now

In Aug 2012 my credit scores were just under 480.  Had a ton of stuff in collections for a long time.  Timeframes for some were starting to run out so they started issuing judgements.  Had 2 judgements kick in garnishments at the same time so filed BK in October 2012.  Within a few months my scores jumped to well over 500.  BK was discharged Jan 2013 and scores were around 550.  Had my BK attorney correct the remaining errors after the discharge and that bumped my score to around 570-580.  Started a small secured loan with my local credit union which bumped it up a few more.  By March 2013, my scores were around 590 which allowed me to get a used car loan thru my credit union at 13% for 4 yrs for a 2006.  My CK score is currently 597 and my 1st car payment has not been reported yet which should help.