Question

paulareed

How will an automatic up grade from Old Navy to Visa effect my score?

Most Helpful Response

You say it is an upgrade, so I'm guessing you're getting a higher credit limit?  If so, that will increase your score, as long as your utilization is below 30%.  Anytime folks are handing you more credit; it's a sign you have a good credit score.  Congrats!!

paulareed

They are shifting my account from a store card to a Visa that earns points toward Old Navy purchases. Hopefully it will help since I rarely buy clothes right now and do not generally intend to use it to collect points. Thanks!    I was getting lower scores through the simulator if I transfered balances so I was more confused about whether I should accept this card.