Question

scorequestions

How will adding an authorized user affect my credit score?
I want to add my GF, who has good credit, to my cards to raise her score even further. We are buying a house and want both of us to have the best credit possible. I have really good credit and she will not be a liability to my card, but want to know how much my score will be impacted before we go through with this.

Your score will not be impacted when you add her to your account as an authorized user.   It will impact her score based on payments made, length of account and Utilization.  Ensure those factors will indeed be a benifit to her credit profile.    You can do the same in reverse by selecting what cards she has that will boost your score.

It shouldn't affect YOU

In general, the authorized user reaps the benefit of the account holder, provided that the account holder pays the debt fully at the end of the month or overall manages his/her card well. So your GF should be able to see a boost in her score as time goes by, since you are the determining factor and she is "tagging along" with your credit history.

I put my Mom as an authorized user under my credit card. She uses a little here and there, and I pay my card fully at the end of each cycle. My FICO as of 07/21/2016 is 781. She's been on under my account for 3 years now.

I assume BOTH OF YOUR NAMES will be on the home loan, that's why you want both of your scores to be best. Otherwise, it is better you borrow the loan since you have the better score. If there's a considerable gap between both of your FICO scores and both of you are on the loan, the bank won't give you the best interest as they'll take into consideration of BOTH scores.