Question

DaveandKayKay

How toget my credit better since my chase account was hacked & I have medical bills.
I am trying to see how to get my credit score up. I was with Chase bank doing great. I never had a negative balance and when I did I paid it right away. When I was with chase like 4-5 years ago somebody hacked my account and left a huge negative amount and I know with a huge negative account that I have I can not open a new account with any other bank. I also have medical bills that I need to pay off. My question is what is there for me to do to get my credit up besides paying off those bills.

I don't understand why you guys have problems with leftover debt from someone trying to steal your identity........ "All"  CC's and Debit Cards\Check Cards are federally insured up to 100,000........ Whenever you notice an erroneous charge; just simply report it........ It's rare that the banks will hold you to such debts if you are able to prove that you did not initiate the charges yourself......  Been there, done that several times and I was never left with any huge amounts to pay...  You can even call the company that made the chage and question them who authorize the charge as you don't recall wanting these services, even the company will repay the money......  Also your credit is basically a model of how well you pay your bills as well as the length you been paying your bills on time...  If you really want to improve your credit, then the best option is to pay your bills or just stick it out and wait for them to fall off your report...

You can get credit accounts even if you have negative information on your reports. Check into getting a Secured credit card or two and a small Secured installment loan that is reported to all three credit bureaus. And yes of course, do what you can to remove the negative info from your reports. Do some reading on "Pay for Delete Agreements" to learn more about getting negative accounts removed from your reports.