Question

timriley1991

How to undisputed something?
How can I change the status of something on my credit report from Disputed to no longer Disputed. I am being asked to do this by my Mortgage lender. I was pre approved for a mortgage, however once the process started, my mortgage lender explained that in order for the process to move forward that I had to change 3 disputed items to resolved, removed or undisputed. Does anyone know how to fast track this process, or a step by step process?

Most Helpful Response

unfair disputes

Unfortunately,  when trying to apply for a conventional loan, all disputes with creditors have to be undisputed because they view it as a risk. FHA loans are willing to over look most disputes but they have more fees.....

It is kind of unfair, because it is your right to dispute anything on your credit report but then it gets held against you. Most of the time, people dispute items for fraud, old accounts/charge offs, or errors. The best way to undispute an item is to contact the Bureau it is under: TransUnion, Equifax, & Experian. You can call (But it is a pain), or send a letter either by fax or mail explaining you wish to undispute the item. Always follow up, sometimes it can take 30 or more days......