Question

Adiggy

How to turn good credit to great credit
I have a 706 on CK. No late payments, debt to income at approx. 27%. My credit utilization is at approx. 29%. How do I raise my score so I can indulge myself with low interest construction loans?

Most Helpful Response

Turn good credit to great

Work to get your credit utilization to 20% or less, it does make a big diffference. That should also bring your debt to income down. In my case I reduced my credit utilization from 35% to 18% and it has made a 30 point difference almost overnight. Keep your inquiries down as they affect your score for a year and stay on your report for two years. Pull a copy of your credit report and see if there are any derogatory entries that can be disputed and ultimately deleted. That makes a huge difference as well.

Pay off your current debts first.