How to tell if your information is incorrect if you've never checked before?
I've never checked my credit before, I'm only 21 and I just recently started applying for cards (Such as a Kohl's Card which I was approved for), however most other cards I was not approved for, (Best Buy, Newegg, etc.) Even Ally Bank didn't accept me immediately. I came on Credit Karma to check it and it says I have excellent credit, and that I somehow have had credit for 9 years 2 mos and have made 48 payments according to Trans Union. My dad gave me a credit card with my name on it when I was 16 for gas, which could explain the payments, however, it wasn't 9 years ago.. it was only 5. Which is why I'm skeptical if this information is all correct, but how would I know?