Question

jasooonlee

How to stop auto refinance from automatically pulling my credit?
I authorized up2drive to share my application information with a Third Party if my app was delicned and alas, I was declined and the very next day I got email confirmations from 4 different auto refinance companies thanking me for my application. Now this isn't an issue, what is an issue however is if my information keeps getting shared and auto refinance companies pull my credit past the 2 week grace period. I've seen on forums many horror stories of people who keep getting their credit pulled by auto refinance companies after they have already gotten an auto refinance. I don't want my credit score to be continuously impacted, what is the process to stop this? Should I call up2drive?

Most Helpful Response

Users Must Have a Permissible Purpose

Congress has limited the use of consumer reports to protect consumers' privacy. All users must have a permissible purpose under the FCRA to obtain a consumer report. Section 604 contains a list of the permissible purposes under the law.  If you believe a credit inquiry has been made without your consent or permissible purpose, ask for validation.  Should the validation not be elgiable or unauthorize, you can request an investigation.  Should you still not belive the validation was incorrect or that you have been subjected to false inquiies, you can authorize an attorney to complete a law suit on your behalf.  Understand that violators of the FCRA can be fined upto $1000 and forced to restore damages to you for each FCRA violation proven in court.