Question

AHAULSS

How to start building credit in your 20s?
Hello, I am 24 years old. I recently decided to start looking into building my credit score. I am wondering if anyone can provide me with some helpful tips. (#of cards to apply for, which cards to apply for, etc. I am mostly interested in credit cards which provide cash back & travel benefits such as air miles & hotel credit.

Don't worry about the rewards cards, you can't get approved for those right off the bat. You need to build some credit first. Start with a Secured credit card that is reported to all three credit bureaus. Capital One may be a good lender to start with. Use your Secured card for about six months and then apply for a basic unsecured card and then use that for six months and by that time you might get approved for a rewards card if all goes well. Read as much as you can about credit, that is the most important part of gaining an excellent credit profile.