Question

Geogallil

How to report life changes. Going through a divorce. How do I get my ex's information off my report?
Divorce

First off if it is good payment history, leave it!

I have found through my own divorce that it is very hard and it took 7 years and a lot of work.  Firstly you need to close joint accounts  ASAP!!!!!!, it is nearrly impossible to remove a possible avenue of a lender to collect on a ccount by just removing one name, but have seen one lender do that for us.  Best way is to close it.  Then if it is has negative remarks 7 years for it to fall off, 10 years if it is good.  Basically time takes it off, but if you both were financially responsible this should not be a huge issue.

If there are negative remarks after the divorce, you can try to dispute with the CR angencies and with the creditor by showing in the decree that you are not responsible for this......alas most creditors do not care, you both took the loan/credit card together and they do not care that you are not together now. Then the only other avenue is taking her back to court for not following the decree.

Best of Luck.