Question

Crispywater

How to remove old accounts from credit report?

If they have an excellent payment report, you don't want them to drop off soon.  Thelonger they stay, the better because "age of accounts" is an important factor in your credit score.  Otherwise, the old accounts will drop off in 7 years from date of last payment.

Most Helpful Response

REMOVE OLD ACCOUNTS

WHENEVER you have OLD accounts still on your credit report that is 7 years or older write a letter to them such as the one below. The account must be over 7 years old. If it's 6 years 11 months, it can start all over again. This does not include bankruptcy laws. Only old credit cards that should have been removed from your credit report, but haven't been. 

This account # xxxxxxxxxxxxx is old & exceeds the SOL (Status of Limitations)  & other federal laws. I demand that this account be fully deleted from our credit report. If not, I demand a letter of explanation so I can continue will legal action against the creditor & your company. However, upon deleting this account, please send me a updated credit report showing that the account(s) have been deleted. If they have, consider this issue complete & no further actions will be taken. However, if nothing is changed & demand a letter of explanation so I can show my attorney & begin legal actions. 

Thanks for the help on this issue

I will be expecting a reply back within 30 days or less

Thank You

your name

Lexington Law worked for me in the past and they are working for me at this moment for only $99/month! In the past they got about 6 negative items deleted off all three credit reports within a matter of about three months! Right now there are only two items that I'm trying to get removed so I'm counting down the days hoping and praying that this is the case again. 

jbmc98

WHY PAY LEXINGTON LAW? $99 A MONTH ADDS UP. You can do it yourself & save money. Only you know the truth.

Many years ago I tried to use Lexington Law, but I was told I was already doing what they would do. I was sending letters, disputing charges, fighting creditors. I had a heart attack & my credit went to crap, I had 17 credit cards with $125,000 charging limit. I was a GC. But when you have a major heart attack it changes. Creditor call because you miss payments, I went from $10,000 a month to 0 & had to depend on the wife only. IT'S HELL. So, I had to learn to fight back & there is A LOT to know about credit. I even went to court against 6 different collection companies and won as PROSE on all cases. IT Is not easy, but if you got the money & not the time, do it. If $ is tight, fight back, there are federal laws to protect the consumer.  

READ BELOW

Read Below:

REMOVE OLD ACCOUNT

Credit card still listed

There's are 2 CC accounts that are over 10 years old on my report. Should they still be on my report?

NileGoddess404

After seven years you can legally have them removed!