Question

fazalkhilji

How to remove multiple credit inquiries made by a single company in same day.
How to remove multiple credit inquiries made by a single company in same day. I actually applied for a car loan, I don't know why but the car dealer put 15 hard inquiries in my name in only 3 hours, and unfortunately all those appeared to my credit, and it significantly lowered my credit, does anyone has any idea about how to take care of this ?

Most Helpful Response

The dealer ran your credit app through many different lenders, this is why you ended up with all of the inquiries. Fortunately, when shopping for an auto or home loan if all the inquiries are pulled in a short window of time, the bureaus will only count it as one inquiry. The multiple inquiries should update to one inquiry. I am not sure how long it takes for this to happen, but if it doesn't change within a month or two I would contact the credit bureaus.

Credit inquiry in one day

Mine were removed after 2 month and one was left on my report.

Same issue with me

I was shopping for a better used car at three different dealers. They all ran my credit report and I have a lot of hard inquiries on my report. It lowered my score. Many of these inquiries were made on the same day. So why is this affected my credit score? What is the length of that window that others wrote about here? All these hits are killing me.