Question

koalagirl51

how to remove collections that have reappeared ?
old gas bill and old phone bill that both had dropped off my report a few months ago have since reappeared now owned by collection agencies . How can they do this ? and more importantly How do I remove them? I am not going to pay a collection agency anything .

These accounts will remain on your credit reports for 7 years from the time that the accounts became delinquent no matter who owns the current account. If these accounts are older than 7 years then you can dispute them as too old to report. Since you refuse to pay the accounts, there is no way to remove them unless you can prove that the collection company does not actually have the rights to collect on the account (which I would bet that they do). If you were willing to pay your bills, then I would suggest that you try a "pay for delete offer" (you can google to learn about "pay for delete")