Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

CezFerrn05

How to remove a public record from my credit that shows paid on my record?
I have started to pay close attention on my credit and noticed there is a public record of a civil judgement filed a few years ago. I had never received any papers knowing there was a claim filed against me. I noticed the status shows paid, but now I want to know if there is any possibility of removing this record from my credit. Any suggestions?

Yes, just write letters to all three credit bureaus and ask them to verify this judgment as you don't know what it is about.  You may have to write 2 or 3 letters, but it should come off.

Public Record

It could be as simple as this and has worked for me in helping several others. Dispute the public record on all 3 credit reports. Use the following terminology. "Judgement paid in full. Request that this trade line be removed as a courtesy". This has worked for me in all but one case. It's simple and easy. Best of luck!