Question

bear517

How to remove a medical colection off report once it's paid.
A medical collection was placed on mine and my husband's credit report. My husband called and paid the debt off and had it removed. They only removed it from his report. Will it automatically come off my report or do I have to call too?

Call them

I would give them a call. They should remove it from your report as well. I disputed a chargedoff credit card (joint account) on my husband's credit report. They removed it from his report, but not mine. I had to dispute it separately to get it off my report. You'd think if it was a joint responsibility, that both credit reports would be updated at the same time, but no, they don't bother. You'll have to call yourself to get medical collection removed yourself.