Question

UTA216

How to remove a collection from account due to past employer
A few years ago I was acting treasurer for my local church and we bought a few music items from ZZSounds through a payment plan, apparently after I stepped down as treasurer the new treasurer didn't make the payments and since my name was still on the account I am now finding out that it has affected my credit report. What can I do to either remove that from my credit report or dispute it?

File a dispute

And explain in the dispute (which should be done in writing, especially in this case, and keep copies) what you posted here.  The account should be in the church's name, not yours, so this SHOULDN'T be a big problem to clear up.