Question

Posted in Banking

Popeye1c1510

How to Re-establish Banking Services
I haven't had a credit card for a few years, only debit cards. In the past, I have applied for the ones referred, but have been denied.

I recently attempted to apply for an account with an internet bank and was turned down even though their add said all were acceptable. I also attempted a debt reduction program with an FTC recommended provider, but, at the last minute they increased the monthly payment from the one agreed upon.

I do not want to declare bankruptcy because of the impact on my credit and because I cannot afford the cost.

I don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You may have to start with a secured card since, without a good previous credit history, you are not going to be able to get any other credit cards.  It's good you don't want to file bankruptcy because it is really harmfyul.. Suggest you re-read the articles on this site to better understand credit and, if you are having repayment problems, do a search for Dave Ramsey's site.  He has some very sensible recommendations for debt repayment.  If you should consider bankruptcy, consult with an attorney that offers a free initial consultation and listen to them, since they have sound recommendations to follow.  And their fees are dealt with in the filing so that they do get paid.  Ask them.