Question

BMARIE516

how to raise score
I wanna know how it is that I can raise my credit score while im in college and I do have student loans. I wont get approved for anything because its so low so what is it that I can do to raise my credit?

Most Helpful Response

Start off with a secured credit card, you'll have a greater chance of getting approved. You can get one through your local bank or credit union. Use it to build your credit score and follow these tips while using your card to best help raise your credit score.

• Pay all accounts on time, every time
  • Keep your credit card utilization under 30% (1%-20% is key)
  • Use credit to build credit (don't let the account go inactive)
  • Apply for new credit in moderation (don't apply for too much credit at once, and only apply if you really need more credit)

Agree

I agree with your first responder. You need a secured credit card. Try to save up $1,000. $500 would be ok but the larger the number the better it looks. Use the card every month, and pay it off completely every month. Be sure to ask if they report every month. If they do not report to the 3 agencies, they arent a good company to go with.

First Niagra bank offers one. Many of your Credit Unions offer one.

If you have the money, get two secured credit cards.