Question

workworkwork1

How to raise my score to get a house
Hi, My score is low - 557. I really would like to buy a house next April. Housing prices are good here now - can get a decent 3bd, 2 bath house for about $130k. Hope to have $5500 in the bank by then.

I have applied & received 2 credit cards in the last 6 months. Paying on time all my bills but there are some old med coll. Also, co-signed on my daughter's car which was repo'd in Oct 2013. Owe about $600 on it though that's just the repo fees - shows a zero balance otherwise. Have 1 revolving credit and 2 credit cards with 52% utilization - can get that down below 20% by April 2015.

Have been working as a contractor for 2 yrs and income was good but no benefits. Just got hired this month. Salary decreased about $14k but the benefits are outstanding (24 days of PTO the first year - woohoo!)

If I continue to pay everything on time, what are my chances of increasing my score 100 points in 6 months?

You don't need a good score to get a house now.  Visit www.naca.com, they are a legit, non-profit company helps folks get homes, credit score doesn't matter.  Zero down payment, zero closing costs and 4% interest rate.