Question

ROSIESAYS

How to raise my score--mine seems to be stuck in a rut.
ok, so 7 months ago my score was 498. I didn't use credit responsibly when I was younger and messed up with a couple credit cards and had a car repossessed. But now my CK score is up to 591, I did this by disputing items on my report, making all the payments on my secured card on time ($200 limit), and having my father add me as an authorized user on one of his credit cards ($1,700 limit) in good standing. I was recently approved for another secured card ($200 limit). But it seems like even though I make all my payments on time my score is stuck on 591. Any idea to raise my score?

A few things to keep in mind:

- I do carry high balances on my cards (but when I use the credit stimulator it makes it seem like my score will drop if I pay down those balances).

- I do not have a bunch of money to drop on a new secured card..

pay off your cards.

Whats keeping your score low is that you owe money. 

its crazy but thats how it works.  for good scores you never want to owe more than 30% on any card. 

If I were you, I'd put those cards away, pay them off and only use them for emergencies.  that will do more to raise your score at the moment.