Question

Tbear1988

How to raise my credit score?
I have 3 credit cards currently in credit consolidation. They will be closed after I pay them off. I can't control my spending, so I don't want another credit card. How can I raise my score without a credit card? Thanks.

Get a secured credit card with very low limit. You have at least one trade line reporting to maintain a semi decent credit and with low limit? You'd less likely to be tempted to over spend. Secured loan might work, but it's userfullness to your scores usually limited to while it's still open/active, do bit of research online, there are some credit unions allows you to pay the secured loan balance down to certain percentage and then you pay very small amount like 10 dollars a month so you can stretch it out as long as you can, until you can accomplishing whatever you planning on doing with "better" scores (I assumed for some specific purposes that you want to raise your scores)... Another way is to be on someone else's card as authorized user, but please be sure you don't have that card in your position or able to actually use it, until such time you are able to control your spending habits... Best of luck.

I suggest reading the articles on this site since teaching about credit is the purpose of Credit Karma. If you do not have the maturity and self-discipline to control your spending, you may be one who just should not have credit. That will make life difficult.