Question

ROSIESAYS

How to raise my CK score at least 40 points in 4 months..
I have a current CK score of 584. I have four credit cards (2 secured, 1 unsecured, and one Victorias Secret Department Store card). I made mistakes with credit cards when I was younger, and a significant life event caused my car to be repossessed about 4 years ago. But I have been diligent and am slowly trying to repair my credit. Also, I do have student loans, that I have always been current with.

I have been paying all of my cards on time and managed to raise my score from 491 to 548 in 7 months. But I need to know if there is anything else I can do to raise my score significantly quickly? I do know that I need to lower my utilization (right now it is between 60-70% for all my cards). Please keep in mind I don't have a bunch of money to throw down on a new secured card or to raise my limits significantly..

Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

Right now you need to concentrate on getting the balances down on your cards.  If your student loans are Federal, then make sure you are in the best repayment plan (i.e. income based is usually best).  You can check this out yourself by vising going to studentloans dot gov website and fill in all your information.  Best of luck!

ROSIESAYS

Thank you! Addisio170!