Question

memeducote

How to raise credit score while not currently using credit
I have paid off every single bit of my debt and do not owe anything. How do I raise my credit score without having any bills being paid on? I want to get a car but I want my score higher before I apply for that loan.

Most Helpful Response

You need to use credit to build your score and that doesn't necessarily mean being in debt.  I advise taking the time to read the articles here since teaching about credit is THE purpose of Credit Karma.  I learned a lot and [now have a very good credit score thanks to the knowledge gained here.