Question

JLEN15

How to raise credit score when you run out of options.
I have a credit score of 524. I have been working to improve it for over a year now and it continues to go down instead of up. I have paid down or off credit cards, I have caught all but one loan up to current status. I have run out of options, and am in need of some advice. I need to buy a new car in the next 6 months, because mine is about to die. I did notice that I have some stuff on my credit score that I did not authorize, such as inquiries by one of my loan companies as well as a "late" account that isnt mine. How can I make companies stop running my credit without me knowing? Any advice is appreciated. I have reached the end of my rope and have no other options.

Fortunately you are just beginning. There is hope however you must be persistent. Start by pulling all 3 of your reports and diligently peering over each, making not of what is/isnt yours, any collections, late pays and or any other negs. You then dispute based on what the item is. If you need guidance let me know I am very knowledgeable with respect to credit reports and scores, as well as what effects them. Tip, paying just the minimum on a credit card might seem like your a good customer but in reality your just average at best. The trick is to either pay it OFF every billing cycle (prefered) or at minimum, pay as much OVER the calculated minimum as you can. This action alone with serve to help quicken the pace at which you rebuild your credit and are offered CLI's

Car dealerships "shop" your loan around in an attempt to get you approved. If done within say a weeks time these inquiries are suppose to amount to the effect of only one pull. You can have thm removed by calling the companies on your credit report directly and tell them you didnt authorize this and that you want it removed. It has about a 75% success rate. You could also dispute with the CB however this takes a lil longer.

hope this helps, lmk.