Question

Lowscoreblues

how to raise credit score if amount owed is about $1500
I only owe about $1500 total on 2 credit cards I am able to pay them off but If I do the simulator and pay them off my credit score drops instead of raising. Should I just make big payments every month. Also I have a total of 11 late payments which has my score as poor when do late payments fall off they are from 2014

I would suggest paying the cards off so you can save on the interest and keep them paid in full.  DO NOT close the cards at all. The late payments will have to drop off for your score to really improve and that can take as long as 7 years from the date they first became late.  Please re-read the articles here so you can improve y-our understanding of how credit works.

jwsister is right, do not pay interest for credit score.  just leave 1-9% on your card when your statement cuts and then pay the rest of the bill.