Question

b5437713

How to prove credit utilization while avoiding interest?
Hello,

As my thread title says I want to know how to avoid interest (which requires a $0 balance) while proving my credit utilization. I’ve read a number of threads concerning this but tbh I still don’t really understand how to apply it to myself….all I get right now is that I need to properly time payments around my due date, statement closing and when stuff are reported to the credit bureau (or something like that). If anyone could advise me I’d be grateful.

Some general information I hope will help:
According to my card issuer they report to the bureau on the 30th or 31st of the month. My due date is always the 20th of the month and based on my last statement my current cycle should finish this Fri 11/27. My current balance is $50 and my credit limit is $400.

* On your Account Statement you should see the following. 
Account Balance

Min Balance Due

Due Date.

You want to Pay the Account Balance Before the Due Date.   ( It's that simple ) 

So as soone as you get your Statement or when the last cycle period has ended and you know the Account Balance amount,  Send it in then. 

Repeat the process for every account ,  each month.

Ideally you shouldn't charge more than a maximum of 30% ($120) of the card, and 10% ($40) or 20% ($80) is even better. You can always make more than one payment a month as I do.  I use my credit cards for most of my monthly expenses, and pay them down or completely off bi-weekly when I get paid. I always pay them off before the due date so I'm not paying interest.