Question

mdc24

How to pay off old debt collection?
I have a 2 year old, small debt in collections. It started as an overdraft from ENT Federal Credit Union and then went into collections. I don't know which collection agency has my debt, but I want to pay it in full and get it taken off my credit report.
My question is, how do I find out which collection agency has my debt?

Just give them a call and ask. They will probably say that they transfered the file over to their collections department, or they sold the dept out right to a 3rd party debt collection agency; if so you would have to call that company and set up an arrangment to pay off the debt. Make sure you negotiate that you want the debt removed from your file when you pay it in full.. Good luck!!

jwsister

Make sure all negotiations are in writing so you have a record of what you offered and what they said. 

This helps should someone assign this to a collection agency and you've already paid as agreed.