Question

agent470

how to improve my poor credit score? 529 on experian
it looks like i didnt get approved for the secured card from capital one. now what will i be able to do to fix my credit? my experian score is 529, transunion is 549 and im not to sure on my equifax score. cam someone pls help me out with advice as to what to do know.

Most Helpful Response

Do you have any upaid collections?

Banks and Credit card agencies hate to extend credit to people who still owe money to collections. They are afraid that you will just go start using your credit and not pay it back or use it to pay your collections. You mentioned that you were going after a secured card, but the rules still apply. If you owe to anybody else, forget having an easy time getting new credit. If they are all paid off, then give yourself a few months to a year before you go look for new credit, after you paid them off. I can only assume that you have collection accounts, if your scores are in the 500s.

agent470

i do have collection accounts most are more than a few years old? should i attempt to pay those? i heard itll make my score go down. I also have one current one that ill get in writing to havem them delete from my account if paid. also on that note do i have them send official company letter head to just me or to me and the credit bureals? thanx for your help I really want to get this fixed.