Question

CAgirlinNH

How to Improve Credit When None Of The Factors Are Bad
I am using all the tools included to manipulate account balances, card numbers, etc, and it doesn't do a thing to the score !!
All of the high impact scores are A's and B's.
The card usage is 99%, which is too high, but the simulated score barely changes if I simulate a pay down or pay off.
Why??

Most Helpful Response

Keep paying on time

The simulator here of Credit Karma does not seem to work correctly, or at least as what anyone should expect. One thing I can guarantee about improving your credit score is that you have to keep paying on time and lower your credit utilisation as much as you can. 99% util is way too high, people say 30% is "safe" for score, but I would say less than 10% (but not 0%) is best.

There are over 200 factors in a credit score.  Are these factors and weights ascribed to each available to mere mortals?  In order to understand scores, and to maintain the best financial health as it were, this information would be very useful, and actually essential.  My sense is this information is also stored at the NSA, along with all my telephone calls and other information