Question

celenas77

How to I fix an inaccurate credit history that's a mix of my siblings' and mine?
Since I immigrated to the US 10 years ago with my family, my 2 siblings and I have similar SSNs save for the last number. To make things worse, our first names are the same. Now that we're in college and/or have jobs, we've started to start control of our credit histories, which unfortunately seems to be a mishmash of all our cards/history/delinquencies. I've tried calling a credit rep for my card but she unfortunately could not help much since these were multiple companies I was disputing. What do I need to do to get my credit history corrected?

File disputes

Go to freecreditreport.com and get your credit reports, and have your siblings do the same.  The go through the reports and each of you dispute all accounts that do not belong to you.  The instructions are on the forms and there is an article on disputes on this forum.  Go to the tab market "credit articles" and get the one on filing a dispute.

Once that is done, wait for the bureaus to send you a revised report and make sure it stays straight.  It's a bit of a hassle, but worth it.

And "Welcome to America."  Hope you have success and happiness.