Question

benjen1224

How to I find out who the furnisher of the inaccurate information on my credit report is?
I had a student loan I defaulted on a couple of years ago. A law company on behalf other load company (Loan to Learn) served me papers and threatened to take me to court if I didn't pay. I paid the amount they asked of me and the court case was dismissed because they no longer had a case against me.

My credit report is still showing I'm passed due and owe the loan company money. And the payments I made are incorrectly reported as less than the actual amount I've paid. I've just disputed the information with all 3 credit bureaus but all the advice i've read says I should dispute it with the "furnisher" as well. Who is the furnisher in this case? or how do I find out that information?

*edit

I meant to say, *a law company on behalf of Loan to Learn served me papers. And I paid off the debt (or so I thought) through them.