Question

monicalabom

How to handle disputes
I didn't pay my student loan for a couple of years because there was a dispute in how much they were trying to charge me and I refused to pay until it was fixed. It took four years but it was finally adjusted and I paid it in full. The debt is still showing up as an original amount past due that was an incorrect statement, it was never fixed and it doesn't show that I paid it off in good standing, it shows I'm still delinquent. How do i fix this?

You'll need to contact your student loan servicer and all three credit bureaus to get corrected.  You can do that online, by mail or phone.  Just visit Experian, Equifax and TransUnion websites and be persistent, don't let them give you the runaround.  Best of luck!