Question

stephenabayer

How to handle a relatively small bill that has been marked as missing payments for years?
CK just added TransUnion Reports to the site which led me to find a seriously overdue hospital emergency room charge for only about $100 that I was unaware of. Instead of marking it as a unpaid bill, they DM'ed it every month for the past 7 years. It is probably a valid bill, it's hard to remember what was going on 7 years ago, but if I pay it, will it still stay on my credit report as 40+ missed payments? and since paying the bill counts as new activity, it will be on my report for another 7 years. If I wait a few months I'm sure it will fall off, and probably be better for my credit score. But if it is my bill, I'd like to take care of it. What is the best way to pay this bill and still avoid missed payment marks hanging on to my report?

This is the information

ADVENTIST FLORIDA **

Other

Nov 23, 2008

Open - 120-149  Days Late

45 Missed Payments

$167