Question

wallie2785

how to get updated statements from Creditors when you dont know them
I was wondering if there was a way to put a note on my credit report to let my creditors know i would like updated statements from them. I currently have no idea who holds some of my overdue bills

Most Helpful Response

If the accounts are charged off and/or closed, there are no more "statements" available. It will state on your credit report, who owns the debt and the amount. You would contact the company listing the debt on your report and they will instruct you further. Use caution contacting old creditors and debt collectors. Educate yourself thoroughly on how to deal with debt collectors before engaging with them.