Question

MPRonnei

How to get rid of late payment marks on student loan?
I've got FedLoans and my CreditKarma account said I had 4 late payments last year, but now it says I only have 2. Either way, I'd like to get rid of them altogether.

This site claims my payments are calculated by dividing my on-time payments by my total payments (for a total of 98.3% on-time payment percentage). I'm confused by this since the number will never get any better this way. I have a great on-time history with them over the last few years, so I'm wondering if there is a way to get them to take the late payments off. I applied for a lower interest rate card to transfer some higher cards to, but this was the main reason why I didn't get approved.

Do some reading on how to write a "Goodwill Letter". Basically it is a letter asking the lender for forgiveness and asking them to remove the late payment from your reports.