Question

jmtiedemann

How to get paid debts off my credit report
I had financial aid overdisbursement from my College that was sent to a private collections company. I then went to the school, and paid the full balance, which was required before I could re-enroll in classes. It still shows on my credit report that I have not satisfied the debt ($1750) and shows as "open accounts" by ConServe Collection Agency. How do I go about getting these debts to show as "closed" on my credit report? I'm new to this. Thanks so much for any insight.

you don't want them shown as "closed" you want them to be REMOVED! Paid collections are still collections and that is bad. Since the collection accounts are showing incorrect information, you want to dispute them and hope that they get removed rather than just marked as paid. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with instructions on how to dispute incorrect information found on your credit reports. It would be wise of you to do some reading on disputing accounts before you actually do it, so you have a little bit of knowledge on the subject.

If your original creditor took your money and the back debt is satisfied? Then they would need to recall the collection.