Question

gonzoquel

how to get outstanding mortgage payments off credit?
I was behind on my mortgage payments and ended.up having to short sell the house about 3.5 yrs ago. Is there a way to get that off my credit? Not sure how much longer my credit will show those late payments and be affected negatively.

You have awhile

Time heals all things.  It will take at least 7 years for bad info to fall off of your credit report.  As time goes by the adverse informaiton will mean less and less to your credit score, but it will still be there.  The reality is this is what credit reports are all about.  Things that we have done, good and bad, are recorded on our reports and financial institutions use this information to determine our future performance.