Question

KWOODS15

How to get Negative closed accounts off report
I am needing some major help. I cannot find a straight answer anywhere, and even if I do-the next thing I read will say the exact opposite. I have FIVE closed accounts with a balance of zero. When I was in college I did not even know the damage I was doing to my future by defaulting on bills or payments on cards, now I need to buy a house in a year and I have a 495-540 credit score depending on who you ask. I make 56K a year, I have ZERO debt, and no car payment but obviously the worst credit. I now have two new CC that will improve my credit but am looking to see if I can get the negative closed accounts off my record. I have read to either:

-Send a goodwill letter to the company (What should be written in it?)
-Try Lexington Law to have them clear them
OR
-Call the companies and ask nicely to have them removed.

ANY and ALL advice would be so appreciated. I am 28 and a single mother who would really like to make a nice and honest life with her daughter.

Thank YOU!

I would start out by calling and asking for removal of the accounts, followed up by "Goodwill Letters". I would keep trying and don't take "no" for an answer. If all else fails, you could try disputing the accounts if you can find anything inaccurate with them or go ahead and try a credit repair company, but all they will do is dispute the accounts.