Question

Sweetgirl88

How to get loan forgiveness for student loans from Heald College?
I was affected by the closing down of this so called college. I was not given the chance to finish my program with only 1 course left to graduate, and all my classes previously taken were non transferable to other colleges. And well now im over $40,000+ in debt with no degrees or certifications on my career. Which is pretty much useless at any point in time its not good. So how can i go about getting rid of these student loans??

Typically students loans can not be gotten rid of, although there are some lawyers that deal in just that (just read the other day of some that are making progress in this specialty). In this case you may have some recourse, but only a lawyer can help you as this may have to be part of a class action law suit against the school (unless you can file bankruptcy and get it dicharged), but since they went belly up it may not lead anywhere. i would suggest looking into a consultation with a lawyer anyway.