Question

pikabear20

How to get "charged off" off your credit? I already paid it years ago and it still is on there.
I paid the amount off years ago (was apartment repair charges), and now I cannot get any credit cards because of it. I have no credit and I can't build credit because of it. Help!?!

*Another note* I called a credit report business about it and they told me that by the time I can legally get it off my account (will take years), I might as well just wait for it just cycle out. How long does that take? And why would it take years to get it off when it clearly shows I paid it. 

charge off

It takes 7 to 7 1/2 years & it will drop off automatically. Sxxks, but that is credit system.

I am not sure why "apartment repair charges" would be marked as a charge off, that doesn't make any sense. Negative information will remain on your credit reports for 7 years from the time of the negative action. You can get credit cards with negative information on your reports, depending on how much of it there is. Check with Capital One or subprime lenders. You can also try to get a secured credit card. Do some research on "goodwill letters" and learn how to ask for removal of paid negatives.