Question

juju06

How to get an old bad account off my credit
I have a few credit cards that went to collection that I never paid off but the debts are now over 7 years old. Do they still get to be dropped from my credit report without me ever paying them?

Most Helpful Response

The date that you can expect them to drop off your report is 7 years to the month after the last activity on the account. That may include them contacting you and you acknowledging that you owe the amount but you do not intend to pay.

I have 2 Bank of America accounts that are closed.  How do I remove them from my credit.