Question

kenaev

How to get a personal loan
My credit score currently is a 544 from a 591. I have mostly collections(13) on my credit along with 3 currently paid student loans so those are the only 3 things helping my score. Two of the collections will fall off by March 2017. The other collections are a mix of things that are 5 years old and 4 are less than 2 years old. Last month, I applied for a car loan and several credit cards so I could add more positive things to my credit profile. I was approved for 5 different credit cards. With a limit totaling $1400. Currently my credit card usage is 46%, which I plan on bringing down to around 20-25%. I need to apply for a personal loan for $5 or 10k, how should I go about doing this? How long should I wait to apply and at what credit score.

as a rule of thumb

if you have any collection on your report, Lenders generally will not make any loan. 

Get those off your report, and let the cards you recently opened do thier job and build some positive credit history. 

Don't apply for a personal loan until your score is 640 or above,