Question

rayinqueens

how to exchange one amex card for another
I'm wondering if there's a way to exchange one Amex account for another, without an account closure or hard inquiry.

E.g., I would be interested in converting one of my personal credit cards to a business credit card, or converting my business charge card to a business credit card.

But I wouldn't want to have an account closure or a hard inquiry on my record.

you can't  do it..    you will have to apply for the new account and you will get a hard inquiry.  as for the other account you can leave it open, but if you have a yearly fee would think about closing it.

I would call and ask American Express. I know that we other credit cards They have upgraded my card and there was no new hard inquiry. It can't hurt to ask. On another note depending on your score you might want to keep that card even if it has a yearly fee (Unless it is serveral hundred dollars per year.)