Question

chefmom12

how to eliminate a credit card bill
After the Stock Market fell we lost EVERYTHING that we had in our retirement account. SO like so many people we went to the credit cards.(I am on disability and my husband is retired) After talking to the credit card people they convinced my husband to only use that card and pay off the amount that we will need for the upcoming month. I don't like this plan it is not getting us any where .I am looking for a way to get this credit card paid off .I hate having such a large amount out there on a credit card and would really like to eliminate it all together. Can you please advise me.

Thank You

The only way to eliminate a credit card bill is to pay it off entirely and never use it again. Trying to get the balance down to 20% of the limit is a good place to start that will benefit your credit score. Is this the only credit card you have? I'm currently following Dave Ramsey's "snowballing" plan laid out in his book Total Money Makeover. If you haven't read it before, I strongly suggest it. It's short, easy to read and has actionable suggestions. Things you can start doing today to start putting your financial house in order.