Question

dwk33190

How to dispute unknown Hard Inquirie?
Hi, this will be my first post here and I do have question indeed...

In July, I had one hard inquiries appear on my equifax file in the name of: AT&T SERVICES INC...

I don't have anything affiliated with them nor do i ever used any services from them.

So, I went to equifax and tried to dispute but to find out that they can't identify me and asked to send a fax of my DL and SSN...

So should I dispute it?

Inquiries are not too significant unless you get a large number in a short time, which is quite possible if buying a car or house and your credit isn't so good.  After one year, they have absolutely no impact on a credit score and after two, they vanish.  I wouldn't worry about this.

I would contact AT&T to see what they know about this and make sure that someone else did not use your social security number. I would dispute the inquiry with the credit bureaus as well. Equifax can be a huge pain to deal with, but keep jumping through their hoops so you can use their system.

Pharkus

I also have a hard inquiry by AT&T but have never had anything to with them.   Interstingly,  the hard inquiry from AT&T occued about the time I opened Verizon wireless account.   How does that happen?